Thursday, May 1, 2014

Why does the last month take me by surprise?

Suddenly it is May, and I leave on the 23rd! I would think the six months of getting a visa, arranging money, organizing malaria medication, air flights avoiding Yellow Fever countries, and filling out endless forms would have clued me in that something big is coming! But suddenly....

Moshi is at the base of Kilimanjaro, but I doubt I'll climb. More interesting is the possibility of a safari on a weekend, but usually just the sights and sounds around town are ample fun. Just to wake up each day - push back the mosquito netting  - and see mountains! It is the last stop for many climbers which usually means a fascinating mix of traditional locals living their lives and gung ho tourists - with all the good and bad that can be!

We are just back from a short trip down the south east coast and many of the "southern" food, stories, and crafts have their roots in West Africa.

In a week or so I should know what kind of work I'll be doing and then it is a scramble to arrange games on grammar or remember finger plays.

Time to check the electric adapter and learn some Swahili. 

No comments:

Post a Comment